Product Director Menswear
Job Description Product Director Menswear
As Product Director of a fantastic Menswear brand you develop a vision and strategy for the Design, Product, Merchandising & Planning departments. Together with your team of 11 you implement and execute this vision and strategy and manage the process from design to sample and commercialized production in the most effective and efficient way. The role is about having overview, alignment and setting clear priorities for your team. You play a crucial role in making the transformation real and in ensuring the team prioritizes, and you will drive strategy execution with the right pace in the right direction. In this role you are a part of the Management Team. Each season you formulate the so-called Framework in which the entire (collection) planning and margin objectives are outlined. The Framework forms the basis for the collection and is subject to change during the season. By establishing internal collaborations you ensure that the Framework is always widely supported within the organization. You also monitor the set turnover- and margin budgets, and to achieve objectives you bear responsibility for replenishment, resale and mark-downs throughout the field of operation.
Other tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensuring processes are efficient and commercial – always keeping in mind the high standards towards quality, margins and seasonal planning
- An ambitious sourcing strategy in which you strive for the best price-quality ratio and you lead the factory- and contract negotiations
- Building and maintaining relationships with existing and new suppliers
- Build and oversee key financial targets for the business to ensure efficient and profitable growth
- Determine the margins and ensure that these margin targets are achieved
- Quality Control and quality improvement of the total line
- Organize multiple Focus sessions per year in which you share with the organization the collection performance and new plans and ask for feedback on the collection
- Lead your team by example to ensure their motivation and level of knowledge
- Proper implementation and deployment of the ERP system, of which you are also key user
In this role you report directly to the CEO
Job Criteria Product Director Menswear
WHO ARE YOU? You are an hands-on strategic thinker who also keeps focus on the execution. You have proven managerial experience in Fashion and you are able to not only manage but also coach, develop and motivate a team. You are someone who takes responsibility and addresses challenges in a pragmatic and result-oriented way. You are also able to be critical when needed and always looking for better or more innovative ways.
- Your profile:
- At least a completed HBO fashion textile education (AMFI, TMO)
- A minimum of 8 year experience in men's fashion in the field of product and category management
- You are totally aware of the trends in Menswear
- At least 5 year experience in a (senior) managerial role
- You have a lot of sourcing experience
- You are charismatic and have outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Commercial sense and awareness
- Analytical and problem solving
- Excellent analytic and planning skills
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of developing an outstanding team
- Very flexible and willing to travel frequently
- Excellent English communication skills, Dutch is a plus
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
A position in the Management Team of this beautiful brand, a position in which you can make great changes and can contribute in a major way to the success of the brand as well as the company. They have short lines and a down to earth mentality. They are a professional and ambitious team and highly encourage entrepreneurship as well as pioneering and creating your own vision.
You’ll also receive:
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- Company car and credit card
- 25 vacation days and defined benefit pension scheme
- And naturally discount on the collection!